When Resurrection launched in 1990, leaders asked, “What would it look like if a church looked beyond their walls and made a commitment to making a significant difference in their community?”
Today, that impact looks like:
Food Collection & Distribution
We collect 64 tons of food each year, which we distribute through our partnership with 19 food pantries located throughout the Kansas City area.
Global Mission Partnerships
One of our most important commitments is to invest in children who are the future of our community.
From the beginning of our church 30 years ago, dedicated volunteers have found creative ways to partner with local schools. Last year that meant:
Here are ways you can get involved:
- Donate to the “30 for 30” Hunger Drive by giving either 30 pounds of food or $30 toward our goal.
- Serve with our Hunger Ministry sorting team to help sort, box and place food on pallets for delivery to the pantries.
- Attend a Family-Friendly Serve Saturday event at Resurrection Downtown.
- Serve at the Resurrection Overland Park Food Pantry to help sort or distribute food to those in need.
- Sign up to help build walls for a future House of Abraham through Habitat for Humanity.
- Help us bless our teachers by writing them encouraging notes.
- Explore additional opportunities, like serving outside of Kansas City or taking a virtual mission trip.